George Hotel and Garage
A photo postcard of the "George Hotel and Garage, Ross". This was on the corner of the High Street and Gloucester Road in Ross-on-Wye.
The George Hotel was known to have existed pre 1549 and its layout probably changed when Gloucester Road was built in 1825.
It was demolished in 1960 when it was replaced by the eleven shops that make up George Place.
| | A postcard of the George Hotel in Ross
(Click for a larger image)
[Page updated: Feb 15 2011 13:31:59]