(now known as Old Gloucester Road)
Perrock's Almshouses were in Arthur's lane and these were for four poor widows and were founded by Richard Worcester, A.D. 1510,
and endowed by Thomas Perrock in 1605. These were then rebuilt in 1771, altered and thoroughly restored by Alderman, Thomas Blake in 1889 and then in 1959 they were restored by the Ross Charity Trustees.
[Page updated: Feb 15 2011 13:31:58]