The Ross Regatta has been held on the Wye since the first August Bank Holiday in 1874. Originally it consisted of coracle and canoe races and a "fun day" but since then the levels of competition have increased along with the sophistication of the boats and now there are trophies to be won.
The Regatta course as seen from the Bridstow Bridge on the A40 (Click for a larger image)
The Regatta (Click for a larger image)
The Regatta and two teams competing (Click for a larger image)
Two teams as seen from the Bridstow Bridge (Click for a larger image)
Below is the Regatta as seen from the Palace Parade by the Royal Hotel. To the left can be seen the new club house, which was opened in 1978, which replaced an original 2 storey building.
The Regatta from Palace Parade (Click for a larger image)